I’ve always loved this meal. Being a little girl who devoured it on the ski slopes, it never occurred to me that a vegan version could be made. I found out about this many years later while flipping through the book full of plant-based recipes – Slovegán. So this one is inspired by it. However, I tried to simplify it so that the preparation of this traditional meal can be done by anyone.
- 500 g of dumplings
- 250 ml of soy cream
- vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 80 g of soy cubes
- 3 Tbsp of soy sauce
- salt, black pepper, ground pepper
- We choose a large pot, pour soy cubes into it, pour water over it and then drizzle with soy sauce. It is good to leave it soaked like this all night.
- The next day, cook the soy cubes for about 15 minutes in a pot with 1L of water. Add soy sauce. Drain the pieces and, after cooling, we remove the moisture – I use a towel, into which I squeeze them thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion on it. Then add the soy cubes and cover them with vegetable broth.
- Stew the mixture for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle with ground pepper and add soy cream.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and season with spices and salt to taste. You can also use lemon or vinegar.
- Vegan dumplings are very simple to make: pour flour into a bowl and pour water over it until a soft dough is done. Then, of course, boil the dumplings in water.