Traditional food you want to have at your grandmother if you live in a Slovak village. These grandmas are not used to cutting meat from their recipes but don’t worry. You can easily prepare the version without animal products yourself and who knows, maybe the whole family will enjoy it in the end.
- 1 smaller eggless bread dumpling
- 1 bigger package of soy slices
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp of sweet ground pepper
- 2 TS of flour
- ground caraway to taste
- ground hot pepper to taste
- bay leaf
- 1 big bottle of cabbage
- 125 ml vegan cream
- black pepper, salt
- Firstly, we prepare the soy slices: pour 1.5 l of vegetable broth and 2 TS of soy sauce on them. (It is best to marinate them in this mixture the night before.) After fifteen minutes of cooking, drain them and remove excess water.
- Fry the larger onion in a wok pan, add the sweet pepper and flour. Mix and pour water – about 100 ml.
- Add dry soy slices, caraway, hot pepper and bay leaf. Pour 750 ml of vegetable broth and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the unwashed cabbage to the pan and simmer everything for about 40 minutes.
- When cooked, remove the bay leaf and add soy or rice cream.
- During the final seasoning (salt, pepper), prepare the bread dumpling over steam. It should not take longer than 3 minutes.